Saturday 19 October 2013

Peaches Pantry - Breakfast Smoothie

To kick things off I'll start by telling you about the breakfast smoothie I get up and drink EVERY MORNING! This is the best smoothie I've ever had. I never get tired of it and actually find myself craving it. I have it at 7am each morning. It holds me over until 10:15-10:30 at which point I have mid morning snack (usually fruit: apples or oranges).

I found the original recipe on Pinterest and tweaked it to my liking. What caught my eye was the fact you can make it the night before. Overnight the smoothie actually thickens vs. getting melty and watered down. I've made it both ways (AM & PM). I personally prefer it after it's had time to sit and thicken.

Recipe
1/4 Cup Old Fashioned Whole Wheat Oats (75 calories)
Fiber Supplement
1 Single Serving Greek Yogurt (I prefer strawberry) (130 calories, Note there is a "light" version available for 90 calories)
1 Cup Orange Juice (110 calories)
Total calories: 315 - 275 depending on which yogurt you prefer

Instructions
Combine oats and fiber supplement into blender. Blend well to break down the oats into more of a powder.
Add yogurt then orange juice (add the yogurt before the orange juice, otherwise when you dump the yogurt in the organce juice will splash everywhere... yes, I learned that the hard way).
Blend well until all ingredients are combined.
Pour into glass and enjoy immediately or put in the fridge to grab on your way out in the morning.

Even after sitting all night the smoothie does not need to be mixed in the morning. Literally grab and go!

No comments:

Post a Comment